Please note the competition is now closed.
We are looking for an exciting and eye-catching poster design to promote our £1m MRI scanner appeal.
The competition will be split into 3 age categories, [under 11], [11-16] & [17+] (The entrant’s age category will be determined by their age on the closing date, Monday 20th November ).
Here are a few things to bear in mind:
Posters must be A4 size and be in portrait orientation.
Designs must be original artwork.
Designs do not have to include our logo or Donation QR Code (we can add these ourselves).
Designs must mention “MRI Appeal” & the £1 million target (figure can be displayed as £1m, £1 million or £1,000,000).
Hints and Tips
Why not visit our website www.rshlof.org to get ideas of what the League of Friends does.
What is an MRI scanner? And why is it so important for patients of Royal Shrewsbury Hospital?
An MRI scanner is a “Magnetic Resonance Imaging” scanner; it uses a strong magnetic field to recreate a detailed image of inside the human body. It is much safer to use than an x-ray machine and also shows more detail.
Royal Shrewsbury Hospital patients wanting a Cardiac MRI scan (a scan that gives doctors a scan of your heart’s structure), currently have to travel to Stoke. By The league of Friends donating a new MRI scanner, capable of Cardiac MRI scans, it will save patients time and money that they would have to spend travelling to Stoke. It will also help reduce waiting times for patients requiring an MRI scan. By not sending patients to Stoke, the Shrewsbury and Telford Trust will also save money that Stoke charge for using their MRI scanner.
Patients groups that will benefit from the new MRI scanner include Oncology, Orthopaedic, Patients with Crohn’s and other inflammatory bowel conditions, patients with Hepatic conditions, complex neurological cases, paediatrics, vascular, haematological, dementia patients and general “In-patients”.
This new MRI scanner will benefit patients from the entire community that Royal Shrewsbury Hospital serves.
What you could win
The winning poster design will be distributed around Royal Shrewsbury Hospital and in Shrewsbury to advertise the League of Friends MRI Appeal.
- 1st prize £50 Amazon gift card
- 2nd prize £15 Amazon gift card
Please do not staple your entry form to your poster as this may damage the poster
Closing date is Monday 20th November; late entries will not be entered into the competition.
Poster competition T&Cs
- The closing date for entries to be considered by The League of Friends is 4pm on Monday 20th November. Entries received after this time may still be used by The League of Friends for promotional purposes but will not be eligible for consideration in the competition.
- An entry will be considered where all questions of the ‘Design a poster competition’ entry form have been completed. Incomplete forms will be deemed invalid and entry into the competition will be denied.
- Falsified entries will be disqualified from the competition, but may still be used for promotional purposes.
- Age ranges will be determined by the entrant’s age on the closing date of the competition.
- All entries must be A4 size and in portrait orientation.
- All entries must be original artwork by the entrant. If an entry appears to have been created by someone other than the entrant, we may ask the entrant to reproduce part of the design to prove it is their work.
- Designs must mention “MRI Appeal” & the £1 million target (figure can be displayed as £1m, £1 million or £1,000,000).
- The promoter (The League of Friends of Royal Shrewsbury Hospital) accepts no responsibility for entries lost, damaged, delayed or illegible.
- Entries can be returned by email to email@example.com (with the subject “poster competition”. We cannot accept entries that are received by fax.
- Upon submission of a design all copyright is transferred to The League of Friends. It is assumed that where needed schools have obtained authorisation from parents prior to submission of any design.
- Entries cannot be returned. (Please make a copy for yourself before sending in if required).
- You can enter multiple times, but you will need an entry form for each poster you enter.
- All entries will be submitted anonymously to a jury of selected League of Friends members to ensure a completely impartial decision. The decision of the jury is final.
- The 1st place prize for the winner of each age category is a £50 Amazon gift card.
- The 2nd place prize for each age category is a £15 Amazon gift card.
- A selection of non-winning entries may be used by The League of Friends for promotional purposes.
- Entering this competition implies acceptance of these rules.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.